1. Complete the ESD Aerospace & Defense Application Form and submit application fee. Submission of the application form implies agreement to adhere to the iNARTE Code of Ethics.
2. Provide specific record of three (3) years or more of experience for ESD technician level
work or two years of experience and one year (for AS Degree or DoD Certification).
3. Provide an up-to-date Biography or complete the ESD Aerospace & Defense Resume Equivalent form.
4. Graduation from an iNARTE-approved junior college or US NAVY, USMC, US Army, US Air Force curriculum of two years shall be considered equivalent to one of the three years of such required experience.
a. The satisfactory completion of each year of such an approved 2-year electronics technician
curriculum shall be considered equivalent to one year of such required experience.
b. Graduation from a college with a AS degree in the Electronics or US ARMY, US NAVY,
USAF or USMC Electronics Technician graduation shall be considered as equivalent to one
year required experience.
c. Graduation in a curriculum other than technician (AS) or physical science (BS/BA) will be
evaluated by iNARTE.
d. Note: If an applicant graduates with a AS degree in Electronics and has 2 years of
electrostatic discharge technician experience, this will count for iNARTE® Certified ESD
Aerospace & Defense Technician™ Certification.
5. Provide evidence of education and/or training. Degree Copy or Military Electronics Technician
Certification is required. Photocopies of applicable training certificates may be submitted.
6. References: Using the iNARTE reference forms, submit a minimum of 1 supervisory
reference and at least 2 additional references each supporting character and competency
as an ESD Technician. Reference forms must be signed and forwarded directly to iNARTE.
7. Certification Training.
8. Certification Training Prerequisite: Undergo the 5 Day iNARTE® Certified ESD Aerospace &
Defense Technician™ Training conducted by RMV Technology Group, LLC at NASA Ames.
POC: Renee Mitchell (650-964-4792) or firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Pass the iNARTE® ESD Aerospace Defense Technician™ examination and “Hands-On”
Daily Grading by Instructors. All above requirements must be met.
10. Complete the ESD Aerospace & Defense Application Form and submit application fee of $400
for 2-Year Certification. Submission of application form implies agreement for adherence
to iNARTE Code of Ethics. For US Civil Servants, the Registration and 2-year certification is
$250. Subsequent 2-year renewals for US Civil Servants ONLY is $250.
Note: A junior college or DoD graduate can take the iNARTE® Certified ESD Aerospace & Defense
Technician examination upon completion of the RMV iNARTE® Certified ESD Aerospace &
Defense Technician™ training. Candidates with less than 3-years of experience will be
issued an iNARTE® Certified ESD Aerospace & Defense Technician-in-Training™ certificate.